Structured Community –Based Living:
Our Adult Family Home facilities provide a community-based, home-like living environment for clients in need of 24-hour supervision and more intensive, structured, therapeutic programs. We maintain a minimum staff to client ration of 1:4 in our Adult Family Homes at all times, with the ability to increase supervision as needed for individual clients. We provide 24-hour on-call and crisis support staff which also allows us to increase supervision and/or support for individual clients as needed. We also facilitate and support vocational rehabilitation services and day programs as part of the facility services. The development of specialized on-site or community work programs may be available upon request.
Supported/Supervised Living Facilities:
Our Supported and Supervised Facilities are truly unique in that we develop the program, supervision and supports based on the individual abilities and needs of the clients. These facilities offer clients who are more independent the opportunity to live in a less restrictive environment than our Adult Family Home clients while maintaining the level of support and/or supervision necessary to ensure each clients’ success. This program allows for client individuality and changing needs as it is designed to be completely client specific and transition clients into the least restrictive and most independent setting possible.
These facilities can also be monitored with alarmed doors, wireless surveillance, and/or individualized staffing. We provide transportation, supervision and assistance with meal planning, grocery shopping, medication administration, medical trips, cooking, cleaning, and other household duties. We also provide weekly outings in the community as well as opportunities to participate in all of the activities of the Adult Family Homes. Individual and group therapy and/or support group participation is also available for clients in these facilities.
Residential Program Goals:
- Promote wellness to individuals in mind, body, and spirit.
- Maximize overall quality of life, diminish dysfunctional behaviors, and provide a home which encourages each person to progress to their highest potential.
- Provide a stable, community-based home where each person is given the opportunity to succeed.
- Develop trusting working relationships by providing structure, by being honest and straightforward, and by assisting individuals in learning to take responsibility for their decisions and actions.
- Strive to measurably reduce chronic or problematic behaviors which put the resident at risk of institutional treatment through active, individualized, and consistent case management.
- Assist clients in recognizing, learning and utilizing socially appropriate behavior.
- Provide opportunities for clients to engage in appropriate and meaningful interactions in our facilities, communities and with our neighbors.
- Develop an attitude of seeking solutions rather than avoidance of problems.
- Engage clients in using thinking strategies to develop solutions to issues or problems.
- Listen openly to ideas and seek solutions as a member of a team.
- Simplify the treatment of clients by teaching them to value intrinsic rewards thus reducing the reliance on temporary external rewards. Our programs do not utilize physical restraints of any kind.
- Strive to find ways to motivate each client to their highest potential through the use of positive behavioral strategies and allowing for natural consequences.
- Encourage volunteerism and an attitude of giving back to our community through various projects and activities.
- Provide clients an opportunity to grow into more independent living situations or to try another residential setting if the current arrangement is not working.